Artificial Intelligence (AI) is all the rage these days. As a young discipline, it developed into a powerful tool that enables machines to act and think like humans.
The idea of Artificial Intelligence can be traced back to classical philosophers and even antiquity. Nevertheless, it heavily progressed during the 20th century, with several major breakthroughs marked by computer scientists like John Von Neumann, Alan Turing, John McCarthy and Marvin Minsky, but especially with the Deep Blue computer – the IBM developed supercomputer that beat world’s best chess player Garry Kasparov in his own game
Since 2010, this discipline has experienced a new boom and it continues in that manner. If you’ve been wondering where Artificial Intelligence is mostly applied these days, you are in the right place. As it is expected for the AI software market to reach a size of 22.6 billion U.S dollars in 2021, here’s analysis of different industries that AI is impacting right now:
- AI in Robotics – robots that plan their own journey by recognizing various obstacles and are applied in carrying goods in hospitals, cleaning offices and large equipment.
- AI in E-Commerce – personalized shopping, fraud prevention and AI-powered assistants are part of this domain. Basically, by browsing your history and interests, these robots create recommendations for you and improve your shopping experience.
- AI in Marketing – by using pattern recognition, marketers can create personalized ads and AI chatbots can follow the user’s language and respond just as humans do. It can be also used to handle routine tasks like campaign reports and much more.
- AI in Social Media – the impact of AI in this domain removes hateful content and propaganda, understands conversations so they could be translated and by considering your likes determines what will be shown on your feed or explore section.
- AI in Navigation – the usage of Graph Neural Network and Convolutional Neural Network, the GPS technology can provide users detailed and timely information to increase safety.
- AI in Gaming – in this sector AI is used to predict human behavior using which game design can be improved and to create human-like NPCs to interact with players.
- AI in Automobiles – by using the vehicle’s camera, GPS, cloud services, radar and control signals self-driving vehicles can be built.
- AI in Agriculture – here AI is used to detect nutrient deficiencies in the soil by applying machine learning, robotics and computer vision.
- AI in Healthcare – AI is helpful in healthcare with building sophisticated machines that detect cancer cells and various diseases. Also, it is analyzing chronic conditions by using medical data .
- AI in Human Resources – using machine learning software, AI helps with blind hiring, by examining applications on specific parameters.
Although there is a big debate whether the technologies which we call AI now are actually artificial intelligence, computer scientists and developers are not discouraged from reaching the goal of creating Artificial Intelligence that is a self-learning and independently “thinking” machine.
With that being said, we can make predictions of how AI will influence our lives in the future. By the year 2030, with the usage of Artificial Intelligence we will be able to determine how things look, feel and smell without us seeing, feeling or being surrounded by it. We will also be able to understand people who live on the other side of the planet, without the loss in translation part. What is fascinating too, AI will be everywhere on a consumer and business level and our cars won’t even need a driver.
And most interestingly AI will be embedded in our brains. Virtual reality meetings have become more frequent during the pandemic and a class contact lens to our brains doesn’t seem too unlikely. Or as Monte Zweben, the co-founder of Splice Machine, said “ Being able to embed virtual reality directly into your brain would make virtual meetings feel real, so you could simulate the feeling of being hugged when FaceTiming a friend”.
While science fiction writers have expected more from AI, the rest of the world is generally satisfied with the progress of AI. After all, not everyone is ready for self-learning spaceships or humanoid robots.
So what do you think, what is in store for our future?
And in the meanwhile if you are curious what types of technological advancements can help your company flourish in the 21st century, do not hesitate to contact us!